- Job Opportunity
Assistant Operations Manager
We are a family-owned business located in a 1700’s grist mill in Bristol, New Hampshire. Our purpose is to make customers happy by giving them a memorable and positive experience, and help revitalize Bristol’s historic downtown.
We serve customers in our small restaurant café, and around the country by shipping our award-winning fudge through our e-commerce website. Our fudge was recently recognized by MSN.com as one of the Top 3 fudges in America and as the Best fudge in NH by New Hampshire magazine.
We strive to be a creative, vibrant and responsible member of our community. We do this by hosting free open mics every Friday and live concerts every Saturday in our performance venue, The Back Room at the Mill. We are also proud to partner with many non-profit and community groups to help them raise over $40,000 using our fudge fundraising program.
We aim to provide a great place to work that is respectful and allows opportunity for development. We genuinely care about our staff and believe that if they are happy, our customers will be happy. We make sure you have the support and training you need to succeed.
Approximately 30 hours per week year round, this position is primarily to act as an assistant to the owners of the business in the many aspects of running a small confections company. This is an interesting job as the focus shifts with the rhythm of the year and requires a wide range of skills. Applicants must be well rounded and willing to tackle a variety of projects. A positive attitude is essential, as is reliability and honesty. The position is perfect for someone who wishes to develop his or her organizational skills. Paid training will be conducted.
We work as a team and everyone on the team shares the following responsibilities
- Take ownership of whatever projects are deemed necessary by the owners.
- Maintain good customer relations with our online customers attending to any issues in a timely manner
- Make changes in the website and work with several internet platforms
- Pack and ship orders (online, wholesale, fundraisers, etc.)
- Assist with stocking, monitoring and organizing inventory
- Assist with creating projections for fudge production
- Prepare equipment for Fairs and Markets
- Back up the principal fudge maker when needed and be able to follow procedures in order to produce fudge consistently
- As needed, travel to markets outside local area to sell fudge.
- Have a reasonable level of computer skills and be willing to learn the software we use.
- Able to work at in a fast-paced environment and handle difficult situations when necessary
- Able to work towards a goal, work hard and stay focused
- Able to uphold a standard for quality and speed of service
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Able to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
Logistical And Physical Requirements:
- Must be available to work approximately 30 hours per week year-round with increased hours September thru December and decreased hours in summer months.
- Must be available Monday – Friday and willing to work on weekends as needed. (Two consecutive days off will be honored)
- Willing to adjust your schedule depending on seasonal focus
- Able to bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 lbs, and push carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Starting hourly wage commensurate with experience
- Room for advancement for right candidate
- Grist for the Mill, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer