- Job Opportunity
Customer Service Staff
We are a family-owned business located in a 1700’s grist mill in Bristol, New Hampshire. Our purpose is to make customers happy by giving them a memorable and positive experience, and help revitalize Bristol’s historic downtown.
We serve customers in our small restaurant café, and around the country by shipping our award-winning fudge through our e-commerce website. Our fudge was recently recognized by MSN.com as one of the Top 3 fudges in America and as the Best fudge in NH by New Hampshire magazine.
We strive to be a creative, vibrant and responsible member of our community. We do this by hosting free open mics every Friday and live concerts every Saturday in our performance venue, The Back Room at the Mill. We are also proud to partner with many non-profit and community groups to help them raise over $40,000 using our fudge fundraising program.
We aim to provide a great place to work that is respectful and allows opportunity for development. We genuinely care about our staff and believe that if they are happy, our customers will be happy. We make sure you have the support and training you need to succeed.
This is a part-time, year round position that involves many aspects of operating a growing small restaurant and confections company, but focuses primarily on cafe operations, food prep, and customer service. Applicants must be well-rounded, energetic team players who are hard-working, have a positive attitude, and enjoy taking full responsibility for projects. Reliability and honesty are essential. Retail and or food experience required.
This position will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and positive culture that values not only the work you do, but also the relationships between people, as well as the people themselves. You will be part of a dedicated team of people who work together to grow this business by bringing joy to customers with the highest quality and best-tasting products.
This position is perfect for someone seeking to develop their food service skills in a fun and vibrant business. Paid training is provided. There is room to grow with us.
- Take ownership of operation, tackling whatever project is necessary
- Make sure every customer has a positive and memorable experience
- Serve ice cream, fudge, light fare and drinks in café
- As needed, travel to markets outside local area to sell products
- As needed, assist with processing of orders (online, wholesale, fundraisers, etc.)
- Ensure thoroughness of all café procedures
- Assist with stocking, monitoring, and organizing inventory
- Prepare food and help with kitchen prep
- Maintain standard of facility cleanliness
- Data entry as needed
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle difficult situations when necessary
- Able to work towards a goal, work hard and stay focused
- Able to uphold a standard for quality and speed of service
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Able to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
- Uphold a high standard of hygiene
Logistical And Physical Requirements:
- Must be available to work part-time, year-round
- Willing to adjust your schedule depending on seasonal focus
- Able to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Able to bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 lbs, and push carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Food service experience highly preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Starting hourly wage commensurate with experience.
- Tips earned during shift are shared evenly among employees and can be significant.
- Grist for the Mill, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer.